The negotiations have concluded, and you should all be incredibly proud of your efforts, where we had to fight off not one but two attacks on your conditions.
High union membership and an engaged workforce, along with your wonderful delegates Amy, Steph, Robin, Sue and Paul were critical!
The EA is also consolidated, which means you no longer need to go to various parts to find your entitlements. This EA will be more user-friendly.
Year 1 (effective July 2022-backpay) 2% or $28
Year 2 (2023), 3.15% (90% of the rate cap)
Year 3 (2024) 2% or $28 or 90% of the rate cap
Changes in conditions;
- Split shift allowance
- Alteration to changes of locations clauses
- Pandemic leave- 5 days
- Parental leave increases in primary (12 to 14) and secondary (2 to 7)
- Bereavement leave- 3 to 5 days
- Improved medical appointments – 2 hours to 7 hours including vaccinations.
- Inclusion of examples regarding transfer of business clause
- Minimum engagement of 3 hours for casuals, including story time
- MOU to ensure no loss of 9-day fortnight for those positions which currently have these.
- Salary Supplement however removal of the Plus level
Access period | 6 – 14 June
Vote open | 15 – 19 June
The majority of members had indicated that they were supportive of the offer if we were able to achieve a higher safety net of the Rate Cap- this was achieved. As such we are encouraging members to vote YES on the EA, however, most importantly we want members to vote!
For further information please contact:
Your ASU Delegates (prior to 15 June)
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | email@example.com (after 15 June)