On Wednesday 17 March your ASU bargaining representatives met with EGSC management to continue negotiations for a new enterprise agreement.
At the meeting, the unions who are party to the agreement, ASU and ANMF, outlined their Log of Claims on behalf of members.
The ASU spoke on members’ expectation of improved conditions and entitlements in a new agreement. These include:
- Gaining improvements on Councils duty of obligation regarding your health and safety
- The introduction of a high risk and first aid allowance
- Improved employment security by seeking limitations on the use of labour hire and outsourcing
- Ensuring you are consulted appropriately on all matters that may affect you
- Improved leave provisions
In addition, EGSC management spoke on the claims they intend to put forward.
At this early stage, nothing has been agreed or disagreed. And we wlll make sure ASU members will be fully consulted before any commitment is given.
Your representatives at the bargaining table are:
Mick Jakins (newly elected ASU delegate)
Cindy O’Connor and Joanne McEvoy (ASU Organisers)
Members are to be congratulated for their involvement in this process; it’s only because of a strong united membership that great results can be achieved.
Please speak with your workmates who are not yet members of our union about joining the ASU today. It’s easy for anyone who is not yet a member to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Joanne McEvoy| 0488 243 858 | email@example.com