As you are aware we have been negotiating for a new EBA for some time now and have reached a stalemate.
You voted the last offer down.
We recommenced the negotiations and achieved some gains. It is now up to you to tell them if you are satisfied with their position, or still want to pursue a decent wage offer.
You told us you wanted,
- 2% per annum wage increase.
- A working mental health clause
- Superannuation paid on parental leave automatically
- Superannuation paid on work cover
- Reward and recognition reinstated
They increased their offer.
- From 1.5% to 1.6%
- They agreed to implement a working group and commit not less than $20,000 per year towards developing a mental health clause.
- They agreed to remove the wording “upon request” from the super paid on parental leave claim.
- They agreed to reinstate the reward and recognition as it was
- They REFUSED to pay super on all periods of work cover
Now is the time to have your say!
Management has decided they will put their offer back out to vote for the staff to decide without union endorsement.
It is now more vital than ever to be a member of the ASU, if this agreement gets voted down again and management won’t budge, we may need to take protected industrial action. You are only protected if you are a member of an affiliated union.
Together we are stronger. Ask a co-worker to join the ASU via www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Delegates Andrea Court, Geoff Aitken, Nicole Guns, Mick Jakins, Tristan Hennessy, or
ASU Organiser Colin Houghton | email@example.com