With no current evidence of community transmission in Victoria, there is a further easing of restrictions as of today.
Most office workplaces will be able to increase to 50 per cent capacity. COVIDSafe rules continue to apply and we remind members that your employer has an obligation to consult with you about changes to your working arrangements.
If you have any concerns please speak to an elected Health & Safety Representative, an ASU Delegate or contact the ASU firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 855 570.
Face masks are generally no longer required to be worn in workplaces except for the following locations:
- on public transport
- when riding in a rideshare or taxi
- inside shopping centres, including the retail stores inside shopping centres, such as clothing stores
- inside indoor markets
- in large retail stores (over 2000 sqm), such as department stores, electronics stores, furniture stores, hardware stores or supermarkets
- on domestic flights to and from Victoria
- at airports
- when working in or visiting hospitals and care facilities
Wearing a face mask continues to be strongly recommended when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.
For further information go to COVIDSafe Summer | Coronavirus Victoria
There are also changes to the number of people allowed at libraries, community facilities and sporting facilities, including leisure centres.