At the Fair Work Conciliation regarding the interpretation of Easter Saturday in the Enterprise Agreement, held on May 9, the ASU was instructed to seek feedback from members as to escalating the dispute or accepting the reversal of the TIL granted.
The ASU have consulted with members at EACH via email, phone and meetings and have responded to Fair Work today, confirming that members do not wish to escalate the dispute to a formal hearing.
The ASU acknowledge that this is a “one off” for 2019 as the new Enterprise Agreement will provide absolute clarity:
“In respect of Easter Saturday, a full-time Employee who ordinarily works everyday Monday to Friday and who does not work on Easter Saturday, shall be entitled to one day’s pay in respect of Easter Saturday or where there is mutual consent, within four weeks following the date on which such public holiday occurred the Employee may take one day off in lieu or have one day added to their annual leave.”
The ASU wants to thank members and delegates for their support and feedback throughout this matter.
Know someone who wants to join the ASU? Ask your delegate for a membership form, and enjoy the benefits of being in the union – or join online at https://www.asuvictas.com.au/your-union/join-online.html
ASU MEMBERS HAVE ACCESS TO A VAST NUMBER OF RESOURCES, SUCH AS:
- Legal and industrial expertise if a problem arises at work
- Specialist advice for a large range of issues in the workplace
- Industrial advocacy at a workplace level, including expert negotiation through an agreement process
- A union presence during any tribunal hearing that could affect your employment
- paid training to better prepare you for any issues that may arise throughout your working life
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Merri Blair | 0458 884 503 | firstname.lastname@example.org