Below is a summary of advice for Residential Aged Care members working in Council facilities as part of the snap circuit breaker lockdown.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter a residential aged care facility during this time except in circumstances listed here
- Surgical masks and eye protection are required (face shields are preferred, goggles are also ok).
- Non-essential contractors are restricted from entering.
- Non-essential workers cannot operate in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF). See list here for essential workers
- Residents cannot leave the facility with the exception of exercise, compassionate grounds, medical appointments
- There must be daily screenings and declarations of staff and visitors in relation to exposure sites.
- Student placements can recommence from Sunday 14 of February for allied health; medical, nursing and midwifery; and paramedics. Remaining placements will be advised 17 Feb 2021.
- See fact sheet procedures for resident transfer to and from hospital.
Working in a single site
There is a government recommendation that residential aged care workers limit their work to one site. Where this is not possible and a worker must attend multiple sites, they must declare this before beginning their shift and records must be kept to enable prompt contact tracing.
Australian Government grant funding is available for employers to support staff in these arrangements until February 15 although this may be extended.
Workers should not be disadvantaged as part of this arrangement, financially or otherwise. Call us if you have any concerns.
You should not work if:
- you’ve worked or volunteered at a hotel quarantine site and/or other port of entry in the last 14 days
- been released from hotel quarantine in the last 14 days
- have any COVID-19 symptoms
- have COVID-19 and are currently required to isolate
- have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days and are currently required to quarantine
- have been tested for COVID-19 due to symptoms and not yet received a result
- have arrived in Australia from overseas in the last 14 days.
If you would like to nominate to become an ASU delegate contact us today on 1300 855 570 or email@example.com