Below is a summary of advice from the Department of Health for Community Care workers – who are considered essential workers and are required to continue working during the 5-day circuit breaker lockdown.
- All workers are to wear surgical masks AND eye protection (face-shields preferred, goggles where face shields are not practical) at all times.
- You may travel outside the 5km radius for work.
- You are not required to get a working permit but must carry a form of employee identification to show the need to travel and be prepared to provide details of your place of employment.
- Where able work should shift to phone or telehealth service delivery.
- If possible consider rescheduling face to face care until after this period.
- In an exceptional circumstance where face to face care is needed you should apply appropriate risk mitigation strategies including the use of PPE, hand and respiratory hygiene and social distancing measures.
You should not provide Community Care service if:
- you’ve worked or volunteered at a hotel quarantine site and/or other port of entry in the last 14 days
- been released from hotel quarantine in the last 14 days
- have any COVID-19 symptoms
- have COVID-19 and are currently required to isolate
- have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days and are currently required to quarantine
- have been tested for COVID-19 due to symptoms and not yet received a result
- have arrived in Australia from overseas in the last 14 days.
For issues in your workplace, you can raise them with your ASU delegate, ASU Organiser or call us on 1300 855570.
Don’t have a delegate in your workplace?
Consider nominating one (could be you!). Give us a call to discuss how to become a delegate in the workplace on 1300 855 570
For more information visit the Department of Health: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/service-providers-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Your union membership is your strength in crises like these. Invite a colleague to join here – https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
The Member Contact Centre | firstname.lastname@example.org