ASU Delegates Craig and Brad, along with Secretary Lisa Darmanin met with management representatives on Thursday 13 May to discuss matters raised by members. Please see below a brief summary of responses:
- Staff will not be disadvantaged through the change
- Existing hours such as 35 hour week and RDOs will not change unless staff wish to do so. Management are to confirm how compliance with clause 12.1.1 of Appendix 1 of your EBA (which stipulates a 35 hour week) will continue to be honoured
- Training and support will be provided where new tasks are required, with plans to be put in place to upskill and mentor staff with new expectations. There will be reviews at 3,6 and 12 months to ensure all tams are set up for success
Parks and Open Space
- PDs should be available through Steve Tierney, Brad Peirce and via email.
- Team Leader recruitment is to be concluded by 21 May, with recruitment to happen internally through an interview process. As vacancies arise, positions should be progressively being advertised so all staff are afforded the opportunity to apply for vacancies for each stage of recruitment.
- Following Team Leader appointments, Seniors will be appointed by 31 May and Officers by 30 June
- Weed management will not be outsourced
- Management has reported that additional resources have been given additional resources to accommodate additional turf team work
- Bundoora Park Open Space will stay with Open Space Management, jointly managed between Open Space and Turf Team
- Northcote Golf Course is not being brought back in house
- Fleet workshop staffing issues and recruitment were reported on
- Fleet concerns and classification questions regarding construction and city works need to be followed up further by ASU representatives
Parks and Open Space will have further follow up meetings for each team in the week beginning 17 May to further provide information on the changes. ASU delegate will be in attendance at these meetings.
ASU representatives will follow up outstanding questions related to City Works.
If you have any questions about the above or would like to seek more detail, please speak to ASU delegates Craig Waters, Brad Peirce or
ASU Secretary Lisa Darmanin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0407 308 503
P.S. Talk to a workmate who is not yet a member of our union about joining today. It’s easy for anyone to join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin