We’ve had a busy week with Darebin City Council:
- Members packed City Hall last week and unanimously endorsed industrial action, rejecting council’s offer!
- The ASU’s application to run a ballot, so ASU members can formally vote on protected industrial action activities, was approved by Fair Work yesterday. This ballot will start next week – please keep an eye out for updates and your opportunity to vote!! The formal vote for protected industrial action will close at midday Friday 21 April, vote yes and make sure members around you do too! More info on protected action and your rights here: https://www.asuvictas.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Protected-Industrial-Action-Fact-Sheet.docx
- Appendix discussions continue on today for a range of work groups – meetings to update relevant areas will be coming up – watch this space!
- We attended a bargaining dispute conference at the Fair Work Commission yesterday – the ASU applied for assistance from the Commission with the bargaining process and relevant information to be able to provide you all the information and context you deserve at this critical time! We will be returning to Fair work on 19 April for further discussion re bargaining process and information.
- Please thank your trusty ASU workplace delegates – they have been doing a mountain of work – together with members and behind the scenes!
- Welcome to new members just joining the ASU!
ASU members are going from strength to strength at Darebin and we are proud to stand with you all
Remember: only ASU members can vote in the protected action ballot and participate in the action!
Ask a co-worker to join today at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information or to become a Delegate please contact:
ASU Organiser Emma Bagg | 0499 250 030 | firstname.lastname@example.org