Congratulations to all Victorians and ASU members, with just over 5 consecutive weeks with no new Covid-19 cases. This now allows us to move to a Covid-safe Christmas and New Years!
We are starting to see more workplaces slowly open up and take on new capacity limits which has been great for all ASU members who play an important part in the community and as essential workers.
As of midnight Sunday 6th December 2020 there was another considerable change to restrictions, in particular to those who work in Libraries, Gyms / recreation centers, community centers and Early Childhood Education.
Your employer has obligations to ensure a Covid safe workplace and the ASU is here to support any member who has a concern or issue in the workplace, this can also include your Employer not consulting with you when coming back to the workplace or you believe they are not complying with the Chief Health Officer’s directives in line with a Covid-safe plan.
Just some of the eased restriction are below with helpful links to specific information on your Industry and workplace-
- Employee density in the workplace will remain up to 25%
- Employee density will increase to 50% from the January 11, 2021
- You must carry a face mask with you when leaving home.
- Wearing a face mask is only mandatory on public transport, while in taxis or ride share vehicles, or when going to large retail venues, including shopping centres, supermarkets and department stores.
- Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended indoors and outdoors or when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.
- Libraries and Community Centres can operate with social distancing of 1 person every 2square meter, no group limits apply. Full restrictions can be found here.
- Council owned Gym, Leisure centre and community centre restrictions can be found here.
- For all other enquiries the state government Covid-safe website can be found here
If you have any queries or need assistance please call the ASU Contact Centre on 1300 855 570 or email – email@example.com