With the COVID-19 pandemic causing so much or our work and private lives to be turned upside down, it’s been difficult to keep up with all of the changes about how best to ensure that you are safe at work.
Below are links to the most up to date guidance material from the Department of Health & Human Services for the community services sector. Please note that these guidance documents are fairly broad in nature and there will need to be a fair amount of interpretation of these documents for each workplace.
Some basic principles are; if you can work from home your employer should do everything they can to make this happened and if you don’t think that what you’re being asked to do is safe then you don’t legally have to do it.
If you are concerned about the health risks of any direction that you’ve been given, please speak with your health and safety representative, Worksafe or contact the ASU member contact centre at email@example.com
DHSS Community Sector COVID-19 Guidance Material
- COVID-19 Plan for the Victorian Community Services Sector
- COVID-19 Plan for the Victorian DHHS Care Services (Out of Home Care) (kinship, foster and residential care; lead tenant)
- COVID-19 Plan for Victorian DHHS funded Child and Family Services (Child FIRST; family, parenting and leaving care services)
- COVID-19 Family Violence and Sexual Assault Sector Guidelines
- COVID-19 Amendment to homelessness services guidelines and conditions of funding
- Child protection: information and advice for sector partners during COVID-19
If you have any issues in your workplace relating to the COVID-19 please speak with your ASU delegate or contact the ASU member contact centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also speak with any of your colleagues who are yet to join the ASU about joining and direct them to www.asuvictas.com.au to join online.