The proposed EA ballot opens today Thursday 22 August and closes on Friday 30 August 2019.
The ASU office and your ASU delegate team support the proposed EA and are recommending all members yes. This is in line with ASU members who attended the mass meeting held on 31 July and voted by a big majority to endorse the proposed agreement.
ASU asks all members to vote YES to the proposed agreement.
We understand and acknowledge that some members on the higher bands might not be getting a bigger % increase and ask those members to respect those members on the lower bands who have received smaller increases for a number of years. The ASU asks members to consider that with the full package of improvements in this proposed EB overall everyone will be better off.
Improvements under the proposed EA include:
- $35 per week pay increases for each year of the three year agreement
- Increases to all allowances, year 1- 2.24%, year 2 – 2.19%, year 3 – 2.14%
- New Transition to retirement clause
- New Transfer of Business clause
- Improved flexibility arrangements clause
- Access to 4 health and wellbeing days which will not require any evidence (from personal leave entitlements)
- Better consultation in the Staff Consultative Committee (SCC), and CoW reporting to SCC on insecure work across council
- Casual conversation full/time/part/time clause after 12 months
- Increase in accident makeup pay from 39 weeks to 45 weeks
- Improved paid parental leave entitlements for workers with over 5 years or less than 12 months service
- Unlimited paid family violence leave
- Improvements to most LAWAs
Please circulate this newsletter to all other staff members and put on your notice boards and in your lunch rooms and encourage staff to vote YES.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Sean McCourt | 0419 506 178 | email@example.com