At meetings last week, ASU members at the City of Whittlesea agreed to STOP WORK this Wednesday 25 October, 10am-1pm.
Members are voting NO to the proposed EA and encouraging co-workers to do the same. Members want a fair deal that will cover their costs.
Here’s everything you need to know.
What do I do at 10am?
- You stop work! Try to be at work no later than 9.30am, so that you can visibly stop work and walk out.
- As you walk out, tell your colleagues and/or manager why you’re stopping work, e.g. “I’m stopping work to stand with ASU members for a fair deal on our EA.”
Where do I go?
- The stop work activity will be out the front of the Civic Centre. There may be rain, but we’ll gather in the entrance alcove.
What do we do for three hours?
There’ll be plenty to do!
- 🍕 Pizza will likely arrive at around 12pm. There’ll be gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. If you have any other requirements, let Georgia know.
- 🪑 Bring a chair! A fold-out camping chair is ideal. (Do not bring any furniture large enough to obstruct the walkway!)
- 💬 Catch up with your colleagues and meet other union members.
- 🏆 We have a lifetime membership to award to retired delegate Keith, as well as some HUGE thanks to offer to Sunshine Cross and Dom McKenzie, two hard-working delegates who are about to leave the organisation.
- 📢 There’ll be chanting at some point!
- 🎨 Last time, we had some craft activities for your kids. We may run some crafts again – or if you have other ideas for activities we could do, get in touch to make a suggestion
See you all on Wednesday!
Sign up a colleague today: http://asujoin.asn.au
ASU organiser Georgia Symons | 0477 666 328 | firstname.lastname@example.org