This afternoon the ASU Negotiating Team will attend the Fair Work Commission about your enterprise agreement.
This has come about as a result of City of Melbourne’s application, who want the Commission to mediate the bargaining dispute.
It’s disappointing that COM refused to respond to the ASU Counter-Offer during bargaining. However, we welcome all opportunities to try and get a resolution to this 2-year long dispute.
As a reminder, the ASU has approached these negotiations with the following guiding principles:
- Backpay to compensate workers for 3 years without a pay rise and provide a fair pay rise for 2021.
- Include conditions improvements agreed to in the March 2020 in-principle agreement.
- Agreement to cover the period 2019 to 2022.
We put the counter offer on 8 July and have not received a response from City of Melbourne:
Length of agreement
- Expiry: 30 June 2022
- Back pay at rate of CPI. This is an estimated 3.3% increase based on the March quarter 2019 and 2020.
- 5% pay increase paid at 1 July 2021
Addressing the Schedule A/AA pay inequity
- Move all current Schedule A, Band 1 employees to Schedule AA (i.e. 47 employees at bottom of Band 1 move to 1B and receive ongoing progression)
- Implement the Schedule A midpoint commitment at 1 July 2021.
- Parental leave and volunteer leave improvements
- Other conditions as agreed in March 2020
We’ll keep you updated about the outcomes from Fair Work today. Any agreement reached by the ASU Negotiating Team is in-principle and subject to a vote of ASU Members.
Not a member? Check out the benefits of being an ASU member and join Benefits – ASU Victoria & Tasmania (asuvictas.com.au)
If you would like further information please contact your ASU Delegate or
ASU Organiser Zoe Edwards | firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the ASU today