Bargaining for your 2021 EA has all but concluded and the ASU remains extremely concerned about the long-term implications of the current offer of additional leave in lieu of your annual pay increase and CoL removing your CPI safety net.
CoL rejected the ASU counter-proposal of:
Year 1 — 2.5% or CPI (whichever is the greater)/or an additional five days paid leave
Year 2 — 2.5% or CPI (whichever is the greater)/or 1% plus three days paid leave
Year 3 — 2.5% or CPI (whichever is the greater)
Year 4 — 2.75% or CPI (whichever is the greater)
CoL said NO to the MAJORITY of the ASU Claims including:
- Fair and Reasonable Pay Increase – NO!
- 9-day fortnight – NO!
- Consultation in regards to Major Workplace Change occurs BEFORE a Definite Decision is made – NO!
- Super Guarantee Increase – NO!
- JCC to be the body for interpretation of the EA –NO!
- Improvements to Personal/Carers leave – NO!
- Time in Lieu at OT rates – NO!
- Remove Heavy Vehicle Transport allowance cap – NO!
- Podiatry checks for Parking Officers – NO!
More ASU member update meetings will be held in the coming weeks so keep an eye out for details.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Kath Milbourne | 0429 004 237 or one of the ASU Bargaining Team:
Jo Swan – 0400 373 845
Stuart Bucknell – 0478 708 824
Peter Miller – 0409 737 250
Michelle Crowden – 0428 015 555
Garry Cooper – 0487 396 383
Johnny Silczak – 0418 998 776