Enterprise agreement negotiations continued last week with discussion on the following claims:
- Incorporation of the Air Quality management policy and acknowledgement of the right to a safe workplace claims have been rejected by Council.
- Management will consider our Right to Disconnect claim.
- Management rejected our claim to insert the heat policy in the agreement.
- Management rejected our claim to provide paid prescription safety glasses but have requested wording to address the claim.
- Extending service time to all Infrastructure Operations Unit staff has been discussed without a clear position from management.
- Management and Unions have agreed to extend Family Violence Leave to staff supporting someone experiencing family violence.
- A disciplinary clause providing natural justice and the right to representation is being resisted by Council.
- A disputes resolution clause to cover any workplace matter has been discussed but Council haven’t given a clear position on this claim.
There are still some claims yet to be discussed. After all claims have been discussed we will be holding meetings to seek directions from members. Please speak with your delegates or contact me on 0477 666 323 for more information.
Talk to your colleagues about the importance of union membership and ask them to join online today at https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Angela McCarthy | 0477 666 323 | email@example.com