Following on from a pause in negotiations while Citipower-Powercor assessed its financial position in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we resumed bargaining in early April.
We have continued to negotiate and have now reached an in-principle agreement. This in-principle agreement is contingent on your approval.
The revised offer from management includes the following:
- 75% payable from April 1, 2020
- 25% payable from April 1, 2021
- Agreement to expire December 31, 2021
- Renegotiation to commence from September 2021
Total Remuneration Package (TRP) Improvements:
- Improved ability to transfer from a TRP to the enterprise agreement. Employees request to transfer must now be actioned within 20 business days, failure to do so will result in an escalation of the request.
- There will now be an annual reconciliation to ensure that employees covered by a TRP are not disadvantaged compared to the agreement.
Fixed Term Employment Improvements:
- Fixed-term employees will be considered eligible to apply for internally advertised positions within the company.
- Company will limit its use of external agency staff in permanent ongoing roles.
If an employee is requiring redeployment, the Company will endeavour to match the skills of the employee to an alternative vacant role or secondment opportunity.
The company must give due consideration of a request made by any employee to convert form a 10-day fortnight to a 9-day fortnight. The business may refuse on reasonable business grounds, which will now be defined in the EBA
We would consider failure to explain one of these reasons as grounds for a dispute.
MOU on Job Security:
In recognition of the lower quantum being accepted by the unions, an MOU will be drafted to ensure that the company makes its best endeavours to ensure job security for ongoing employees and not to stand down any employees without pay during the life of the agreement
Please respond via the survey link below whether you agree with accepting the company’s offer. The survey will be open until close of business Friday 8 May.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Jonathan Smallbone | email@example.com