Following months of negotiations, council have finally listened and agreed that the initial offer was unacceptable.
The new offer is;
Three (3)-year agreement:
- 1% backdated to 1 July 2020
- One-off Sign-on Bonus Payment of $1,000 (Inclusive of Superannuation) (Pro-Rata
- for Part-time Employees)
- Year 1 (Commencing 1 July 2021) 1.5%
- Year 2 (Commencing 1 July 2022) – Gazetted Rate Cap
- Year 3 (Commencing 1 July 2023) – Gazetted Rate Cap
- Nominal Expiry Date 30 June 2024
- No further movement on conditions as previously advised.
The improvements are;
- Agreement length has reduced to 3 years from 4 years
- Backpay now features- it is not the equivalent to the rate cap amount last year of 2%
- Pay rises mirror the Rate Cap amount for each year
- Sign on payment- it is important to note that this WILL be taxed therefore you won’t receive this full amount, part-time staff will also receive an amount equivalent to their hours worked. EG; if you are .5EFT your sign-on payment will be $500 then super and tax deduced.
Council have not addressed our concern regarding a dollar amount being payable – this is to ensure a greater wage outcome for members on lower bands.
We are running a round of update meetings to obtain member feedback on the offer.
Are you happy with this offer? Is there something you want us to pursue further?
Our next scheduled meeting is on 12 May, we are committed to providing feedback from members by Monday 10 May.
We need to hear from you! Please fill in the short survey below.
As always, the ASU is By Your Side