It’s nearly here! The vote for your Enterprise Agreement runs 2 – 6 August.
Why Vote No
This is your EA. Council is putting a not-agreed EA to vote that doesn’t meet standards members consistently voted for in meetings. Every single vote counts and we can’t turn this around without at least 50% of votes against the offer. It’s really important you vote and select NO. It’s also critical to talk to others, to get a big turnout from staff to vote NO and get back to bargaining an agreeable outcome.
Three reasons to vote NO in this ballot:
- No dollar amount – to ensure a greater increase for lower bands
- Reductions in KM reimbursements
- Reductions in Standby and Oncall allowances
Are surrounding councils offering a dollar amount?
- Knox – YES
- Cardinia – YES
- Frankston – No (But wages increase 2.5% – 4%)
- Greater Dandenong – No (But min increase of 2.25%)
- Mornington Peninsula – YES
- Yarra Ranges – No (But min increase of 2%)
Not all councils band positions the same, e.g. Knox CC have a local laws position at a higher banding than Casey have currently.
Reminder: Council’s Wage Offer
- Backpay – 1%
- 2021 – 1.5%
- 2022 & 2023 – Rate cap
- Sign on bonus – which will have superannuation and tax taken out of it -so don’t expect the full $1000 as a full time employee.
If we win the No Vote…
We need to continue bargaining in good faith – this doesn’t mean starting from scratch. We are confident members would likely accept an offer that improved a couple key issues. This would recognise their hard work and show them they are valued!
Together we are stronger. Ask a co-worker to join the ASU at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact
ASU Organiser Lorraine Di Pietrantonio | 0400 986 745 | Ldipietrantonio@asuvictas.com.au
Join the ASU today