Making Negotiations Fair
Your union, the ASU, and the Nurses Union, the ANMF, represented members at Fair Work on Wednesday. We are seeking the Commission’s help to restart negotiating your Agreement on wages and conditions.
Matters that were raised include:
- That the current Agreement expired on 30 June 2020
- Your last pay increase was 1 July 2019
- That Management agreed, earlier this year, to the Union plan to give you a pay rise on 1 July this year, but then they reneged two days later.
- Cardinia can afford to pay you because rates are increasing 2% and the budget forecasts a surplus of $92 million dollars
- You are all still delivering services to the community, whilst management twiddle their thumbs and continually try to delay offering you a fair deal
Where to next?
Deputy President Gostencik has directed the unions & management to put in their submissions to Fair Work by Friday 21 August. Our lawyers are currently preparing the documents for Arbitration, which is the next step in the process.
There will be a further update provided after this hearing.
ASU is proud to be by your side.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Cindy O’Connor | email@example.com