ASU Lead organiser Ty Lockwood recently met with your CEO Declan Moore, General Manager, Paul McKenzie and Community Care Manager, Janelle Wheatley to discuss the HACC transition with the new service provider.
The meeting was cordial without the council providing any real information as to the progression. The key points we would like to report back and speak to members about are:
- Management and the ASU all agreed that the transition needed to be as seamless as possible for both the clients and carers. A level of service needs to be maintained until the transition around May 2020.
- If carers may wish to leave before then, what happens?
- Can the council still provide enough work for carer’s wishing to stay until the service is ceased?
- The ASU raised genuine concerns over potential redundancy payouts being reduced over the last 3-4 years as the NDIS has absorbed higher care clients, effectively reducing carer’s hours worked.
- We are still not aware who the new service provider is, despite council stating they have a preferred provider shortlisted.
- Just general “where to from here” members questions.
Please come along to a paid meeting on:
DATE: Thursday 5 December
VENUE: Percy St Offices.
ASU Assistant Branch Secretary Melissa Wainright and ASU Organiser Jeff Dingli will at the meeting to provide information and answer any questions. Please speak to your rostering officer to have the meeting scheduled in.
We will be happy to formalise any questions members have in further correspondence to the CEO.
For further information please contact:
ASU Lead Organiser Ty Lockwood | email@example.com