Support candidates who have signed the ASU pledge
The ASU’s Local Council Election Pledge is a commitment to communities and workers.
I will act with integrity, always remembering the weight of my decisions. I will always act for a better standard of living for working people, work to preserve public services, and stand up for secure jobs and good wages. I take seriously the impact that my actions as both a candidate for local council, and a councillor, will have on Victoria’s 54,000 local government employees.
If elected, I pledge to:
• Be committed to democracy and transparency in decision making.
• Act in the best interests of my community, and the best interests of vulnerable communities.
• Act to maintain a quality work environment with secure employment and good wages and
• Stand for the principle of service provision, not service management.
• Advocate at all times for fair revenue and financing, to deliver public services for the public good.
• Always consider the good of the collective and the values and principles of unionism in all that I do.
• Actively support council workers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, including campaigning for and supporting the establishment of paid pandemic leave in local council
Where possible vote for a candidate (or candidates)
who has signed our pledge.