ASU delegates and organisers are working to ensure that we win the best EA outcome. We tried very hard in 2021 to reach agreement on your new wages and conditions.
The ASU worked closely with the Nurses (ANMF) and Engineers (Professionals Australia) to win claims to improve access to work from home or remotely, defend your existing rights to paid personal leave and win pay increases that are benchmarked across the industry.
- Management applied to the Commission (Fair Work) for a bargaining conference in 2022.
- Our union is preparing to represent you in this. Our lawyers are advising us as we are preparing our statement.
- The current Agreement (EA) applies until a new one is voted on by you.
- The current EA has passed its expiry date. We can apply to the Commission for a vote to take protected action.
- Unions and Management are continuing to meet to consolidate parts of the EA. Consolidation does not change your entitlements. It’s an important drafting and modernising process. We aim to have a document that is easier to read and understand.
What can members do to win?
- This is the perfect time to help your workmates join the union. This EA is a big battle. We need everyone. Ask them to join today via asu.asn.au/asujoin
- If you’re really keen – nominate to be an ASU Delegate. We want to represent all departments.
Can we win?
Yes, ASU members at Hume, Moorabool, and Geelong Regional Libraries voted to take action, continued negotiating and won. It has been a tremendous strain delivering Council services and running facilities in a global pandemic. This is the time to win recognition for that for yourselves.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Cindy O’Connor | 1300 855 570 | email@example.com