Your union believes you deserve more. You are delivering services in a global pandemic. We know and recognise members are being more flexible than ever. Whether you are working from home or in the community under restrictions you are doing an outstanding job.
It is disappointing that Council is refusing to reward this.
What is Brimbank’s Offer
- Low pay rise over three years: 1.75%, 1.5%, 1.5%
- CPI is 3.8%. Council is in surplus.
- Reduction in personal leave without medical certificates
- No changes to improve staff safety in public areas/ extreme heat
- Refusal to change flexible work clause to allow WFH and other flexible work alternatives
- No top of band payments
- Refusal to improve superannuation options
- No improvements to benefits only reductions
- A WORSE OF AGREEMENT OVERALL
What are other Councils agreeing to?
- ASU & Moorabool agreed on $27 per week
- Creation of a pandemic leave pool of 1000 hours
- Superannuation to be paid on 20 weeks paid parental / Annual $500 Superannuation payment for women
- Up to 16 hours of leave per year to attend appointments relating to IVF
- Increase Secondary Parental Carer to 4 weeks
- One day of leave per year for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
- Union Update on Zoom 9:30 am WED 22/09/21: https://zoom.us/j/98777725270?pwd=YkpOVkprWThBZkJOMnVOQlNZTms1Zz09
- The vote is open 12:01am Wednesday 22nd – 27th September