Since the ASU met to discuss the proposed enterprise agreement, your representatives have worked hard with BCYF management to reach agreement on a proposed EA that will provide a fair outcome for members. As a result, BCYF agreed to include an entitlement to 2 days “BCYF leave” per calendar year for all employees with little restriction for accessing it.
In addition, your ASU representatives were successful in negotiating that this leave apply for the 2019 year, on the condition that it is accessed between 27 December and 31 December 2019 and that the majority of staff vote in favour of the proposed agreement. Your period of employment for this year may affect your entitlement so please check once the vote has concluded on whether you are entitled.
This process has been long and at times difficult however member’s determination to refuse to accept an offer that was inadequate has paid off.
Some of the key outcomes reached during bargaining are:
- The introduction of 2 days BCYF leave per calendar year
- Stopping an attempt to limit your capacity to have Fair Work arbitrate a dispute
- Stopping an attempt to change the evidence requirements for personal leave
- Tightening the wording on Broken Shifts so that no member can be forced to work them
- Improvement on the Consultation clause and the introduction of a consultative committee
- Improvement to the Youth Mental Health Clinicians classification
ASU members should be proud of achieving the above outcomes and your representatives are encouraging members to vote Yes in favour of the agreement.
Voting opens on Wednesday 13 November and closes on Tuesday 19 November.
Securing this agreement didn’t come easy, ASU members fought hard and won! By increasing our numbers and strength we can and will continue to fight to improve your working lives. Pass this on to a non-member and ask them to join ASU today. It is easy to join the ASU online at https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Joanne McEvoy | 0437 035 721 | email@example.com