The Enterprise Agreement Ballot has concluded and the agreement was successfully voted in.
Out of the employees who voted, 95% of those voted in favour of the new agreement. A very solid outcome!
It has been a long journey in finally getting an agreement that provides certainty and that delivers improvements to members working lives.
Member’s determination in seeking a better deal has seen improvements in
- The introduction of 2 days BCYF leave per calendar year
- Stopping an attempt to limit your capacity to have Fair Work arbitrate a dispute
- Stopping an attempt to change the evidence requirements for personal leave
- Tightening the wording on Broken Shifts so that no member can be forced to work them
- Improvement on the Consultation clause and the introduction of a consultative committee
- Improvement to the Youth Mental Health Clinicians classification
The Agreement will now be sent to Fair Work Australia where it will need to be approved. Once this has occurred the agreement will be certified and become enforceable. Until then your current agreements stand.
Securing these improvements didn’t come easy, ASU members fought hard and won. By increasing our numbers and strength we can and will continue to improve your working lives. Pass this on to a non member and ask them to join today. If you would like to join the union, please visit: https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Thank you for all those who participated, especially your ASU delegates who played a vital role in securing these improvements.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Joanne McEvoy | 0437 035 721 | email@example.com