ASU latest news
- TasWater – ASU update on Facial Hair Requirement for BA RequirementAugust 8, 2022
- Mental Health and Disability InsuranceAugust 4, 2022
- Update your details with the ASUAugust 4, 2022
- Nominate an ASU delegate as Delegate of the YearAugust 4, 2022
- A Message from Lisa Darmanin – August 2022August 4, 2022
5 days ago
Last Thursday the new federal government announced a delay to the introduction of the Support at Home program until July 2024 whilst they consult with stakeholders and consider the implications.
This is a direct result of the lobbying by aged care union members. The Aged care Ministers heard loud and clear that the introduction of these changes was premature and would likely lead to poor outcomes for the elderly. Our campaign has run for over 2 years and we are relieved that we finally have a government that is prepared to listen.
This is a win for all ASU members, and we know many of you have family and loved ones who have benefited from the care of council in-home aged care workers. This win shows the importance of being a union member!
Full article - www.asuvictas.com.au/win-for-aged-care/ ... See MoreSee Less