The City of Launceston Bargaining Committee held the final meeting for 2020 on Wednesday 16 December and discussed several claims presented by City of Launceston and the ASU.
The ASU has provided in-principle agreement in response to a number of CoL Claims including
- Simplification of the EA Document
- Performance Feedback for casual employees
- Paid Special Leave
- Compassionate Leave – defining immediate family
- Working arrangements & leave during a Declared State of Emergency
- Parental Leave – return of service provision
- Community Service Leave
The ASU is concerned that CoL stated that they do NOT agree with several important ASU Claims that are yet to be presented by the ASU and discussed in detail by the Bargaining Committee.
These ASU claims include
- Recognition of service for workers that commenced employment with CoL via an external provider.
- Review of the Preservation of previous conditions of employment provision.
- Support and incentives for CoL workers to utilise sustainable and carbon-neutral transport.
- No Debit No Credit sick leave provision.
- 9 day fortnight to all City of Launceston employees.
- That Time in Lieu is reviewed and reflects overtime penalty rates.
- Superannuation to be paid during all periods of Parental Leave.
The ASU will be raising this concern and seeking that further discussions occur in regards to these important claims when negotiations recommence January 27, 2021.
Wishing you a safe and wonderful festive season!
Your ASU Bargaining Team:
Jo Swan | 0400 373 845
Stuart Bucknell | 0478 708 824
Mick Arrowsmith | 0448 477 747
Peter Miller | 0409 737 250
Johnny Silczak | 0418 998 776
Michelle Crowden | 0428 015 555
If you have any questions please contact: your ASU Bargaining Team or
ASU Organiser Kath Milbourne | 0429 004 237