Your bargaining representatives met with management yesterday to continue negotiations of a new Enterprise Agreement.
Bargaining has now concluded and Council will put a proposed agreement to a vote.
The current agreement will be extended and varied with:
- Minor improvements but overall, existing EA terms and conditions secured for a further 12 months from 30 June 2020 until 30 June 2021.
- a commitment of no forced redundancy /outsourcing for the period (Home Support Services exempted as the decision has already been made regarding the future of the service).
- Introduction of a 1.6% or $20 per week wage increase (whichever is greater) as of first pay period in December 2020 (Banding increments will continue for those staff eligible in line with the current agreement terms).
- Recommence negotiation of a new Agreement early in 2021 once the post-COVID-19 picture is clearer.
Minor amendments include;
- ensuring unions are involved in the consultation on major changes, and hours/roster changes.
- the addition of disciplinary principles
- getting superannuation paid on paid parental leave
- Increase to work-related vehicle damage reimbursement
- annual leave at half-pay
- additional flexibility in the transition to retirement clause
- improvement to Transmission of Business clause
- an incident response clause
- changes to annual close down for ECS
This offer is consistent with outcomes achieved across Local Government in the COVID environment.
The vote will be conducted later this month.
A virtual members meeting will be arranged for next week. Details to follow.
For any further information please contact: Your ASU delegate or
ASU Organiser Will Wyatt | 0418 320 625 | firstname.lastname@example.org