On Saturday afternoon, ASU representatives and your delegates participated in a Fair Work Commission mediation to try and address the unfairness our members have seen in the proposed stand downs of many workers at City of Ballarat. Following almost four hours, the following has been agreed between ASU and your employer:
The ASU would withdraw dispute applications as a show of good faith and in exchange for:
- Additional paid special leave until Friday 3 April
- A framework for genuine consultation, which will occur through the CCF at a meeting on Wednesday 1 April
- City of Ballarat has committed to consider any ideas from your representatives to mitigate the need for stand downs
- Where this is not possible, they will provide written reasons
- Any leave that members have applied for in the week beginning 30 March will revert to paid special leave, for employees who were stood down
For Aquatic Centre members:
The ASU secured confirmation that City of Ballarat will honour the stand down clause in your Enterprise Agreement.
If you missed the opportunity to complete our online survey these’s still a channce to complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/576WKVF The survey will be open until midday Tuesday.
For any further information please contact your local ASU delegate or
ASU Organiser Will Wyatt | email@example.com | 0418 320 625.