ASU WOMEN’S TILE AWARD 2021
The ASU Women’s TILE Award is awarded to an ASU woman or women each year who make or have made outstanding efforts to promote women’s participation in their union. The Award will be presented at this year’s ASU Delegates Conference to be held online/virtual, Thursday, 14 October 2021.
The nominee must meet the following criteria:
- An active ASU Branch member, who:
- Has actively recruited women.
- Encouraged women to become delegates.
- Promotes the union to women through individual endeavors or their role in Branch committees or special projects.
- Mentored women.
- Has led a significant workplace campaign.
- Introduced an issue of importance to women for example the domestic violence clause.
- Has had a prolonged and/or consistent representation of members.
Length of service will be considered when all other things are equal.
- Outstanding service as a Delegate, EEO Delegate, OH&S Delegate:
Outstanding service may include years of service if all other aspects of two candidates appear to be of equal merit, particularly if the outstanding service includes acting as a mentor and sharing history to promote women’s activism.
- Women’s Committee member and/or other member who has promoted and encouraged women’s participation in the ASU.
- Is endorsed by the Women’s Committee.
NOMINATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
If you have any queries regarding the Awards, please contact Mariana Podgorski-Guyett, Conference & Events Officer, via email at email@example.com
JOIN THE ASU
Join the ASU today, to build a better life at work and a stronger country.