ASU officials and delegates and CoW management have now completed negotiations for the 2019 EA. After having held mass meetings with all members who a majority have voted to support the proposed new EA, we are encouraging all members to VOTE yes for this new EA.
We have been able to negotiate some good improvements in pay and other entitlements in the proposed EA:
- $35 per week pay increases for each year of the three year agreement
- Increases to all allowances, year 1 2.24%, year 2 2.19%, year 3 2.14%
- New Transition to retirement clause
- New Transfer of Business clause
- Improved flexibility arrangements clause
- Access to 4 health and wellbeing days which will not require any evidence (from personal leave entitlements)
- Better consultation in the Staff Consultative Committee (SCC), and CoW reporting to SCC on insecure work across council
- Casual conversation full/time/part/time clause after 12 months
- Increase in accident makeup pay from 39 weeks to 45 weeks
- Improved paid parental leave entitlements for workers with over 5 years or less than 12 months service
- Unlimited paid family violence leave
- Improvements to most LAWAs
The ASU office and your ASU delegate team endorse this proposed EA and ask all members to make sure you place your vote, and Vote Yes!
The proposed EA is currently out for your review and access from Monday 12 August to Wednesday 21 August. EA voting will commence on Thursday 22 August and close on Friday 30 August.
Please circulate this newsletter to all other staff members and put on your notice boards and in your lunch rooms and encourage members to vote yes.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Sean McCourt | 0419 506 178 | firstname.lastname@example.org