Your ASU Bargaining team received an in-principle offer yesterday.
The offer in response to ASU claims is summarised as:
- 6% backdated to 1 July 2022
- March CPI from 1 July 2023 (CPI is to be released this week)
- 4.5% fixed from 1 July 2024
- An increase to redundancy provision to 3 weeks per year of service (up from 2.5 weeks)
- Labour Hire same job/ same pay
- No change to superannuation – *legislated increases to SCG will be passed on
- Level 1 Objectionable Conditions allowance paid to all outdoor employees for all hours worked -without a requirement to claim
- Spraying, pool chemicals and toilet cleaning will be moved to Level 2
- Superannuation will be paid on workers compensation
- Relax evidence requirement to accept statutory declarations for access to personal leave
- Ability to access LSL after five years of service and accrual of nine days LSL per year after initial accrual
- Introduce the option for employees to bank leave loading to be paid at the last pay in November or first pay in December and review rate towards indexation.
- RDO’s split with half of the workforce off one week and the other half off the opposite week to improve efficiency
- A Health and Wellbeing Program with a cash incentive offered
- Inclusion of access to an Employee Assistance Provider in the EA
- A Staff Recognition program rewarding years of service
We understand members are supportive of moving the offer to drafting of an Enterprise Agreement. Once a draft document is received we will hold a workplace meeting to discuss and review before moving to a formal vote process.
If you have feedback talk to the ASU Bargaining team or contact:
ASU Organiser Sam Batchelor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Remind your colleagues there is no more important time than now to join the ASU.