To recognise the contribution and dedication of our delegates, we will be presenting the following Awards at the ASU Delegates Conference to be held at ANMF Vic Branch on 9-10 October 2019.
We invite all members to nominate Delegates from your workplace in the following categories:
Darrell Cochrane Delegate Of The Year
Delegates must meet one or more of the following criteria and attributes.
- Implementing a campaign
- Increasing membership
- Mapping a workplace
- Setting up a communication network
- Activating members
- Dealing with the employer
- Liaising with the community
- Developing understanding of collective action
Johanna Lytton Young Delegate Of The Year
The same criteria listed above will apply with the additional stipulation that they must be under 30-years of age.
Health & Safety Representative Of The Year
- A member of the ASU
- Successfully raised the profile of OHS
- Shown dedication and strength of character
- Contributed to the profile of the ASU
- Has worked closely with ASU members and delegates
WOMEN’S TILE AWARD
Criteria point 1: Evidence of being an active branch member, who:
- has actively recruited women
- encouraged women to become delegate
- promoted the union to women through individual endeavours or their role in Branch committees or special projects
- mentored women
- has led a significant workplace campaign
- introduced an issue of importance to women for example the domestic violence clause
- has had a prolonged and/or consistent representation of members
Length of service will be considered when all other things are equal.
Criteria point 2: Outstanding service as a Delegate, EEO Delegate, OH&S Delegate:
Outstanding service could include years of service if all other aspects of two candidates appear to be of equal merit, particularly if the outstanding service includes acting as a mentor and sharing history to promote women’s activism.
To nominate a Delegate from your workplace for any of the above awards, please complete the online nomination form below.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE: Friday 20 September 2019