We have defeated the expansion of ordinary hours. Your representatives are working hard for you. Talk to coworkers and ask them to join via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Your employer has tabled their first pay offer;
ASU Wage Claim – 3% back pay and 3% per annum.
- 2% above the 1 July 2021 Award from agreement approval.
- 5% on agreement rate – 1 July 2022
- 2% on agreement rate – 1 July 2023
- 2% on agreement rate – 1 July 2024
ASU Representatives believe the offer is low for a 4-year agreement when high wage growth is expected. We seek earlier increases and wording for National Wage Increase if it is greater.
The employer’s response on pandemic and vaccination leave has generated significant debate but has been inadequate. Representatives are seeking paid leave for workers required to isolate when they cannot work from home. We want to ensure that workers follow health orders without loss of income.
Under pressure VHIA are considering dropping these claims;
- Scrapping the weeks leave for youth workers required to work weekends
- Reduced travel reimbursements
- Reduced access to Fair Work Commission disputes
- Extension of close-downs to any holiday period
- Reduced Union Training Leave
Agreed Improvements – Details to come
- Recognition of Permanent Care
- Casual conversion,
- Improvements to LSL
- A commitment to prioritising employment of permanent staff before Labour Hire.
ASU claims outstanding;
- Reduced spread of hours (outside of which penalties are payable.)
- Working from home
- Study Leave
- Cultural and Ceremonial leave
- Classifications when advertising
We need your support. Talk to a colleague about the importance of union membership and ask them to join the ASU today via https://www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
Don’t have an ASU workplace delegate? Identify a workplace leader and ask them to nominate.
For further information please contact:
ASU Lead Organiser Jane Karslake | email@example.com