Following discussions with ASU members at Anglicare, we intend to apply to the Fair Work Commission to extend the St Luke’s Enterprise Agreement beyond its end date in December 2023.
Our assessment found you’re better off under the Agreement than the SCHADS Award, though we note the Award is more beneficial in some areas.
Better on your agreement:
- Annual leave
- Parental leave
- Long Service Leave
- Span of ordinary hours
- Overtime for part-timers and those working on an RDO
- Change consultation
- Dispute resolution
- Notice of termination of employment
- Pay progression
- Accident make-up pay for Workcover
- Superannuation for low earners
- Payment on termination of employment within a day, rather than 7 under the Award
- Personal leave – 21 days after 4 years
- Time and a half when working outside of the 9-hour span
Better on the award:
- Notice required when employer terminates a Flexible Working Arrangement
- Broken shift allowance – $24
- Double time for working outside of 12-hour span
- Overtime rates for working through meal breaks
- Higher Duties pay for whole day after 2 hours worked for home care workers, or 5 days for others
- Ceremonial leave – 10 days unpaid (Agreement has 5)
- Meal allowance is higher, with second meal allowance at 4 hours rather than 5
- First Aid Allowance
While Anglicare has committed to retaining some of the Agreement’s conditions, that’s not necessarily enforceable. Therefore, we believe the Agreement should be extended to retain and protect the more beneficial conditions.
But, these are your conditions, in your workplace. We need to hear from you if you think the Agreement shouldn’t be extended, and your conditions should be set by the Award and your employer. Please contact us by 9 June 2023.
For further information please contact:
ASU Organiser Tim Sullivan | 0475 888 168 | firstname.lastname@example.org