The ASU is committed to providing education that ensures our union delegates, activists and members have the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively in their workplaces across all industries. We are also a WorkSafe approved Health and Safety Representative (HSR) training provider. HSR training is essential to ensure safe and healthy work environments. We welcome all elected HSR’s, members and non-members, to benefit from our vast knowledge and experience of Victorian and Tasmanian workplaces.
For more information check out the ASU Training Calendar at our downloads area or contact:
Three things you should know...
- ASU Delegate Training is FREE
- Some Awards and Agreements entitle members to paid trade union training leave
- All courses are TUTA accredited
About our courses
- Introductory delegate training – this 3 day course provides delegates with the foundations to become an effective union delegate. Delegates will enjoy learning about the ASU, union history, Fair Work Act, WorkCover, Occupational Health and Safety, equal opportunity, negotiation skills and workplace organising. Enjoy meeting delegates from a wide range of workplaces and industries, meet union organisers and other service providers such as Member Advantage and ME Bank.
- Advanced delegate training - follow on from your introductory training by completing the 2 day advanced delegate course, designed to build the skills and knowledge to run an effective workplace campaign. Practical sessions involve planning a campaign, organising and running a union meeting, recruitment of non members.
- Delegate refresher course – designed for delegates who completed their advanced training over 2 years ago. This course gives delegates practical experience in responding to member queries, planning for enterprise bargaining and running an induction presentation. We also look at prevention of sexual harassment, discrimination and bullying.
- HSR Training - This course covers the OH&S Act 2004, legal rights and powers of Health and Safety Representatives and the application of regulations, compliance codes, issue resolution and more.
And there's more...
The ASU also offers training in:
- Preventing Harassment, Discrimination & Bullying
- Occupational Health and Safety
Our training is designed to be accessible and inclusive for all. ASU courses are an invaluable resource for managers and employees, they are also tailored to suit the needs of your particular workplace. We can schedule courses to meet your requirements and will conveniently deliver the course at your workplace.